Since 1964, an active Netherlands National IHP-HWRP Committee has aimed to contribute to both UNESCO (IHP) as well as WMO´s (HWRP) water programmes. The Committee does this on the basis of input from its members, which are leading Dutch scientists, policy-makers and practitioners and connects academic, governmental, operational, and research institutes focused on water.
Currently the Co-Chairs of the Committee are prof.dr.ir Remko Uijlenhoet (TU Delft) and Hans Nieuwenhuis (Ministry of Infrastructure and Water). The Committee is supported by a Coordinator, Emilie Broek (IHE, Delft). The Coordinator helps the Secretariat and Co-Chairs to represent the Committee in (inter)national IHP and HWRP related meetings and events and supports the Committee members by acting as:
- Broker – actively identifies and matches opportunities for cooperation between Committee members, UNESCO and WMO water programmes, and other IHP-HWRP National Committees.
- Communicator – filters relevant information, including progress and news for Committee members and keeps the Committee members up to date about activities and developments in the IHP and HWRP programmes via an e-newsletter, website and other channels.
- Promotor – promotes Dutch knowledge and expertise at the international IHP and HWRP programmes and platforms
- Help desk – reacts on questions from Committee members about IHP and HWRP programmes
- Organiser – organises twice a year the IHP-HWRP Committee meeting and once a year the thematic event
Please find here a flyer elaborating on the aims, objectives, and working groups of the committee, or click below to read the flyer online.