- This event has passed.
56th IHP Bureau
February 20, 2018 @ 8:00 am - February 22, 2018 @ 12:00 am
Documents of the 56th session of the IHP Bureau can be found here.
At the beginning of its first session following a session of the General Conference at which elections to the IHP Council have been held, the Council elects a chairperson and four vice-chairpersons. These, with the chairperson of the previous Bureau as ex-officio member, constitute the Council’s Bureau. The composition of the Bureau so formed reflects an equitable geographical distribution, each representing UNESCO’s six electoral regions. The members of the Bureau remain in office until a new Bureau has been elected.
The IHP Bureau discharges, inter alia, the following duties:
- fix, in consultation with the Secretariat, the dates of the sessions of the Council and of its committees and working groups, in accordance with the general guidelines of the Council;
- prepare the sessions of the Council, in consultation with the Secretariat;
- supervise the implementation of the resolutions of the Council, and report at each session of the Council, on the status of implementation of the prescribed phases of project execution and, in particular, follow the activities of the Council’s committees and working groups;
- prepare for the Council all reports requested by the General Conference of UNESCO;
- discharge all other duties which it may be assigned by the Council.